I've never really "officially" made a New Years Resolution. Yeah, I always vow to get in shape, but that get fit boost doesn't come until March-ish.
This year is different. I actually made 2 resolutions that I aim to stick with for not only 2015 but for the rest of my life. Wanna know what they are?
1. Become the best version of myself.
- I have been on a fitness transformation journey since October & I plan to continue my new lifestyle for as long as I'm able. I no longer desire to fit the mold of skinny. The new goal is to add pounds & create muscle. A toned body is way better than a bony one.
- No worrying. Worrying doesn't change the outcome. One of my patients taught me this valuable lesson. When you worry, does it make a difference in the end goal? No. It just causes turmoil & unrest within YOU. So release the worries.
2. Stop checking my phone constantly.
- I literally got to where I would check my phone at least every 10 minutes. I was letting my phone control me & it wasn't a good feeling. The texts, snapchats, tweets, instagrams, fb notifcations can all wait. You miss out on so much when you're on your phone all the time. I put this resolution into action a few days before January 1 as a test drive. It's actually much easier to put down the phone than you think. It's freeing. It's only January 6 & already, I'm a happier person because I no longer let my phone control me.
I think these are attainable resolutions for 2015 & I hope I'm able keep them up!!
Did you make any New Years Resolutions? Why or why not? Let me know in the comment section!!